These are traditional mini Russian pancakes perfect for entertaining and very simple to. Try your homemade blinis with smoked salmon with carper, dill crème Fraiche and a hint of lemon juice! Yum!!
70g whole meal flour
70g plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
170ml whole milk
½ teaspoon dried yeast
1 Egg, separated
- 1.Put the flours and baking powder through a sieve together.
- 2.Warm the milk slightly and mix in the dried yeast. Then add the yolk.
- 3.Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- 4.Stir 1 teaspoon of melted butter.
- 5.Whisk the egg white to a stiff texture, and then gently fold into the batter, ensuring you don’t beat the air from the whites.
- 6.Gently melt butter in a pan you’ll see the golden yellow liquid come to the top and the sediment to the bottom. Carefully remove the golden liquid and discard the sediment.
- 7.Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan and drop in dessertspoons of the batter.
- 8.Cook until the surface starts to bubble, then flip over and cook the other side until you get the beautiful golden pancake colour.