This is a great all year round recipe and can be easily replaced by chicken as well. It doesn’t have to be turkey. Serve with Cumberland sauce which is one of my favourite sauces, fruity and sweet to match with the turkey. Very Christmassy!
1kg Turkey breast cut into small manageable strips about 4cm in thickness
100g Pistachio nuts whole
2 Whole lemons juiced and zester
50ml Olive oil
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Layout a sheet of tin foil with the shiny side down. On top of this lay a sheet of baking paper.
- 3. Drizzle a little olive oil along the middle of the sheet.
- 4. Lay a flat layer of turkey on the olive oil so it’s about 20cm long and 4cm wide.
- 5. Sprinkle on pistachios, lemon zest, lemon juice and a little olive oil.
- 6. Repeat the above 2 stages twice and finish with a little more pistachio, olive oil and lemon juice.
- 7. Now roll the baking paper to a sausage shape making sure the turkey isn’t spilling out the end.
- 8. Roll again with the tin foil and twist the ends so it’s a very tight and thick sausage shape.
- 9. Place the roulade in a deep tray with about 2 inches of hot water.
- 10. Bake in the oven until the centre is 58°C in the centre on a probe and allow to sit in the tray out of the fridge for a further 45 minutes and it will continue to cook.