Mint and Parmesan Crusted Lamb Rack with Maple Parsnips, Fondant Potatoes and Rosemary Jus
This is a great dish for entertaining, pretty much everything can be done in advance and just finished off when your guest arrive.
Ingredients - serves 4
4 lamb racks (approx. 200g-250g each)
280g Mint and parmesan crust
600g Fondant potatoes
100ml Maple syrup
- 1. Pre prepare the crust and fondant potatoes using these recipes here. Mint and parmesan crust and Fondant potatoes.
- 2. For the parsnips cut into pieces that resemble roughly cut chips about 2-4 inches in length, you should get four wedges from the think end of the parsnip and either 1 or 2 from the thin end.
- 3. Place the parsnips in a deep roasting tray and toss in oil, salt, pepper and the maple syrup.
- 4. Roast in the oven with tin foil at 200°C until just tender. Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- 5. By now you should have you lamb, fondant potatoes and parsnips prepared ready for when your guest arrive.
- 6. For serving sear the lamb in a fry pan and put into the oven until medium rare. Times will vary dependant on oven and size of the lamb rack but racks don’t take that long and when your crust is well coloured should be a good indication.
- 7. At the same time put the parsnips back in the oven with no tin foil to get them nice and caramelised. In another frying pan add the butter and fry the fondant potatoes until they are golden brown.
- 8. Heat the jus with chopped rosemary.
- 9. Now it’s over to you to present the dish as you please, I prefer carving the lamb into cutlets rather than serving the rack whole. This dish can also be made with rump.