Everyone loves hummus, wants more is I love hummus when it’s just made and it’s still warm I could eat it by the spoon full! This recipe is for a lot of hummus so you may want to cut it down depending on how much you need.
2kg Chick peas
250g White sesame seeds
20g Cumin seeds
5 Whole lemons
50g Peeled garlic
50ml Olive oil
50g Chilli powder
- 1. Firstly soak the chick peas overnight.
- 2. The next day drain the chick peas, rinse them and start to boil them until they become soft.
- 3. Toast the sesame seeds with the cumin seeds until they become golden brown.
- 4. In a food processor add juice and zest of the lemons along with all the other ingredients taking care to chop the fresh rosemary before it goes into the blender.
- 5. Blend the ingredients until the rosemary and thyme is completely chopped.
- 6. When the chick peas are cooked immediately add them and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- 7. Season then taste and if you’re like me taste again!
- 8. Use as required.