Salash Salami and Camembert Croquettes
150g Venison Salami, Diced
120g Camembert, thinly sliced
650g Potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed but use when warm
50g Herbs, chopped
150g Red Capsicum, deseeded and diced
100g Red Onion, Finely diced
Oil for deep frying
- 1. Pre-heat a fryer or oil in a pot to 170°C
- 2. Combine the salami, camembert, potatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and red capsicums.
- 3. Soften the red onions and add to the mix also.
- 4. Mould into even cylinder shapes at the size you desire.
- 5. In three separate plates/bowls lay out flour whisked egg and breadcrumbs separately.
- 6. Roll each cylinder in flour then egg the breadcrumbs. If you need to roll again in the egg and breadcrumb.
- 7. Place each croquette in the fryer about 5 at a time dependant on how big your fryer is until they are golden brown.
- 8. Serve with your favourite chutney or dip. Sweet pepper chutney would be best for this.