Goats cheese, Leek and Pea Tartlet
Sautéed leeks and peas in a creamy sauce with a spot of toasted goats cheese is a perfect way to start an elegant dinner party, the rich flavours will blow your guest away!
Ingredients – serves 4
1 x Oat pastry recipe
1 Large leek
½ cup White wine
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
200g Goats cheese
Balsamic vinegar (aged or reduced) to garnish
Oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Follow and make your oat pastry in advance.
- 2. Julienne your leeks after washing and halving going from the root end to the green end.
- 3. Add the leeks to a hot pan with oil and sauté without any colour until soft.
- 4. Meanwhile heat the oven to 200°C.
- 5. When the leeks are soft add the white wine and reduce by ¾’s.
- 6. Add the cream and mustard then when it begins to bubble add the peas. Season to taste.
- 7. Slice the goat’s cheese as thin as possible.
- 8. Get your pre made pastry cases and fill with the mixture.
- 9. Evenly divide the goat’s cheese between the cases and put into the oven until the goat’s cheese is hot and creamy. You also have the choice of blow torching to colour the goat’s cheese.
- 10. Eat hot and don’t allow to cool.