This is a mushroom overload and if you like mushrooms you’ll LOVE this recipe. It looks really impressive to because it’s alternative stacking. If you are feeling extra flush and fancy finish with reduce balsamic vinegar and truffle oil to elevate your recipe another level.
Ingredients – Serves 1
100g button mushrooms
½ White onion
1 Garlic cloves
20ml White wine
10g Chopped parsley
3 Portobello (flat) mushrooms
2 pieces bacon
1 or 2 thick slices of your choice of bread
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1.Finely chop onion, garlic and slice button mushrooms.
- 2.Put into a hot pan with oil and when the mushrooms and onions are well coloured.
- 3.Add white wine to deglaze the pan and when it is almost evaporated add the cream and reduce by half.
- 4.Blend the mixture, season, add chopped parsley and set aside for later.
- 5.Put the Portobello mushrooms well-oiled and seasoned in the oven with the bacon and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the bacon is crispy.
- 6.Either fry or toast your bread and butter if desired.
- 7.To serve put the bread on, then alternatively layer the mushrooms and bacon, top with the rich, hot, creamy mushroom sauce on top.